“Innovate or die!” “Let’s create an innovation culture!” “Ideas, ideas, ideas!” “Great brainstorming session. Woohoo, now we’re innovators!”
All organizations strive to innovate. So why do so many companies, especially B2B companies, fall short on truly innovating? Join JJ Rorie, Managing Director of product management consultancy Envision Advisory, as she dives into these common pitfalls of B2B product innovation:
- Not having a clear understanding of what innovation really means.
- Thinking of innovation as a time-boxed activity.
- Mistaking “customer-ruled” for being “customer-focused.”
- Not knowing your customers’ customers.
- Trying to be something that you’re not.
- Ignoring product portfolio management.
Participants will learn:
- The difference between B2B and B2C innovation.
- How their organization should define innovation.
- How to recognize common pitfalls and combat them.